Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Raiders of the lost camera

I’m still off my skates…my knees are a lot better now but I still wince every time I’ve got to put any pressure on them. Sunday was pure torture, watching everyone glide around the sports hall like evil ballerinas. I’m not even sure I can make it to practice next week (I anticipate that I’ll be recovering from a very debauched hen party) so I’m already starting to get the ‘lack of skate shakes’. I’ve got aerobics later (I’m not chickening out this week) so maybe thatll be the hit I need!

Sunday’s plan was to take my camera with me to get some practice in, but after a long search on Saturday I ended up convinced that my cameras had gotten lost/stolen/left behind when we moved house. I was gutted because they were gifts from my dad and I ended up with nothing to do but make a nuisance of myself while everyone else tried to skate…not that that’s much different from when I’m actually skating! So…yesterday, me and Mr Gory togged up in our mountaineering gear and went for an excavatory trip through our spare room. We’ve only been here for three months, and we didn’t really downsize in the move, but we did somehow end up with a spare room literally FULL of stuff that we couldn’t bear not to bring with us.

A few hours, seven bin bags, five shredded boxes, a trip to the tip and a few arguments later, Matt appeared with both my SLRs! So now I’m the happy (non-stressed) owner of beautiful machinery AND a lovely tidy, organised, grown-up-esque spare bedroom! I even pulled my finger out and bought a new bookcase and a flat-pack office from the big laminated website of dreams as soon as we’d given up and settled on the sofa…give us a few weeks and we might even have this place looking like a adult couple lives in it!! Or maybe not…that’d be no fun!

Anyway…and here comes the point to all this…I have my cameras back! So I can take pictures!

I took a few this morning. Fletch isn’t feeling in the mood to keep still for too long so this is the best I can do…



…and this was already on the memory card from last summer…the Sally Dawg!


No comments: