Thursday, January 10, 2008

anticipation

We’ve been in our new flat for over three months now, and tonight is my second night of web surfing in my own home…I can’t tell you how much I’ve overdosed on the internet in the past 30 odd hours, but it’s obscene.

The new year and seems to be working on me. I’m leading practice this Saturday and I’m actually prepared for it! Organisation is definitely not my strong point (like many other skills that useful adults need) but this time I seem to be on the ball. Sort of. I’ve still got to scale down my list of drills so that it all fits in…I’ve got far too many favorites! Plus I’ve even had the insight to come up with a drill of my own. I don’t know if it’s something that’s already in use and I’ve just overheard someone talking about it, forgotten, and then dreamed the idea up as ‘my own’. Either way, if it works and it’s original then I shall reveal all. I’m a bit paranoid that it might be a big of crap when I try and put it into action.

Saturday is going to be such a challenge. Usually I’m really bad at instructing people on how they should be skating when I know perfectly well what I’m doing for most things. Generally it feels that although I can do it myself, I can’t put together the words to explain to someone else so it’s hard to have confidence in what I’m saying. Every other time I’ve been thrown into it so I’ve kind of stumbled around explaining things, gotten embarrassed and left them to ‘keep practicing!’ This time I’ve had time to prepare, I’ve used it well (shock horror) and with any luck I should make a good immitation of pulling it off.

Roll on the 12th!

No comments: