Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mocktails and girlie nights out make Gory a sleepyhead

There’s a lot going on for me at the moment…unfortunately none of it is skating so I’m not as ecstatic as I could be!

Last night I joined Daisy Pain, Hustle’her and Ouija Broad (along with some non-derby gals) in the mad, insane, oestrogen-charged event that was the Sex and the City movie. We met for mocktails before hitting the (incredibly packed) cinema - they’d bumped Indiana Jones just to get more screen space, and we had to go into a couple of screens before we found room for us all to sit together. Hustle’her and I were out stocking ourselves up on nachos when the trailers turned into the feature, but I’m assured that the entire screen cheered and whooped as the film title came up on the screen (just as they did when the credits began to roll). It was brilliant! So much happened in it that it was like watching an entire series in one go, yet it seemed ultimately more raunchy as it was transferred onto the big screen. All in all it was faaaaabulous! I want to watch it again! Right now!! It’s been years since I’ve indulged my SATC addiction and now I can see it coming back with vengance…I’ll be buying boxsets on ebay before I know it!

I wanted to write more but I’m so exhausted today that I just can’t get the right words in the right order. It’s been my day off today and even though I had uni work planned I ended up asleep on the sofa all day. I’m just a big ball of energy these days…not *goes back to sleep*

1 comment:

Bedford Stitch n Bitch said...

Hello blog slacker! How you doing Mrs? Are you coming to MK on the 13th??? huh? are ya? huh?