Monday, May 19, 2008

g.u.t.t.e.d.....

So, I started work today...only part time, just to bring some money in while I finish my dissertation (and to stop myself from going slowly crazy...sorry, crazier), but work none the less. The good and bad thing about it is that the shifts are unstructured, so I'm guaranteed 16 hours of work (or more) but I'm not guaranteed what days, times, or shift lengths I'll be working. I really don't think that I'll mind this most of the time...except for right now it seems.

The absolutely gutting thing is that after missing two weeks of practice because of weddings and travelling places, I'm now going to have to miss another two weeks of practice to work. Goddamn. It's probably karma for not going jogging recently or not getting on with my uni work...I'll have to throw myself into it all to forget that I won't be skating 'til the first of our Get Yer Skates on Events on the 1st of June (see the CCR myspace for more details on both events). Even then it'll only be to show other people how to skate (rather than trying to knock them down as usual) so it'll be skating at a very low volume :(

It's back to work tomorrow...with a list of practice dates to beg my manager with, and with any luck I might get some derby practice in before the year is out! I think it's time to get my lazy ass outside and skating...

3 comments:

Cristen aka Payne D. Spencer said...

I just HATE it when work interferes with my social / derby life!! How rude!! Good luck with the new job!!

Unknown said...

derby girls don't have lazy asses!
good luck with putting all the social/work/derby pieces of the puzzle together! -belle/derby lite

Bedford Stitch n Bitch said...

Work sucks true enough- at least you're earning though (there speaks the wisdom of old granny wrinkle-britches)Here endeth the lesson.

Are you down south on 19th July?