Sunday, February 03, 2008

No skating no cry...

I’ve just got back from a pretty disappointing practice. My legs have been protesting from a lack of exercise, so it was quite depressing when we all turned up at the leisure centre to find out they’d double booked our session. Luckily, we’re in possession of silver-tongued rollergirls and refs so not only did we wangle free refreshments, but we’ve secured (we hope! Fingers crossed for no more double bookings) a free practice session too. Niiiice!

So we hung around making nuisances of ourselves and drinking free coffee til we got the motivation to move onto the pub. It was crap not being able to skate (especially since we were outed by cricket, which is quite clearly an outdoors game. Pfft…) but we got to hold an impromptu meeting about future CCR events. I’m not entirely sure how many of ideas are actually legal…to be honest it’s probably more fun planning them than it would be to put them into practice! We did our usual trick of forgetting how many of us there are, and how much noise we’re making and got stares from the more conservative pub-goers. At least we smelt nice! If we’d have hit there after practice it’d have been a different story…we’d probably have cleared tables.

Bootcamp sounds like it was fun…I’m still disappointed that I couldn’t go but I’ve got to admit that the beer, champagne and copious amounts of indian food made up for it in some small way. The Hen Party was ace…still, it would have been nice to have been part of the roadtrip to london, and even better to get to spend hours and hours skating and playing derby. Hey, at least we’ve got a midweek practice this week, otherwise I’d be climbing the walls. I’d probably even be so desperate I’d go skating outdoors and end up with frostbite.


I’m going to the doctors next week to get my finger checked out. A dog bit me and it’s not been sewn up properly (my finger, not the dog) so the bloodflow is pretty nonexistant sometimes, and I’m kind of worried they’ll want to open it back up to tinker about with it. To be fair though, they’re probably such tiny blood vessels that there’d be nothing they can do. I’ll most likely have to wait til it goes black and needs amputation. Oh, I do like to look on the bright side…(you could almost sing that!)

No comments: