Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally! I can test my camera out proper like!!

Tonight Roller Derby action is hitting birmingham again as the Blitz Dames are going to take on the Glasgow Roller Girls’ Irn Bruisers…

I’ve been practicing taking action shots with my camera in anticipation of getting some good ‘rolling’ shots! My past efforts with my phone camera have been abysmal to say the least…I’ve mostly just got an empty shot with someone’s ass disappearing on the right-hand edge. Not good!! Luckily I’ve got a speedy little dog to practice my shutterbugging on…it’s hard to keep him in focus to be honest, but these are two of my better efforts…

Boiiiiiiiing

he looks slightly possessed....

…he loves that tugger…he tries to shake it to death as he charges round the garden, but really only succeeds in slapping himself round the face. Poor stupid little puppy!!

Good luck to both the teams tonight…I’ve got an inkling the GRG will be charged from their bout with the LRG. It’s certainly going to be an interesting game as the Dames fight to keep the GRG from their first away victory! The Central City girls and boys are going to be out in force tonight :o)

No comments: